The competition is open to all SMEs registered in Ghana.It is not a condition of entry that the SME be a member of any SME Association or Chamber. However, to enter the competition, all SME must comply with the following criteria:
- Be an SME registered in Ghana that has been created for at least six month and/or three continuous years and immediately prior to its entry to the competition and onwards until the Award ceremony.
- Be a SME that has been incorporated under the laws of Registrar General Department of Ghana and has a principal place of business in Ghana (through maintaining an office with employee(s) in Ghana
- Registered in Ghana
- Fully owned by Ghanaian(s)
- Resident in Ghana
- In active operation for at least three continuous years
- Must have fulfilled all tax obligations for the said period
- Employs not less than 10 persons and not exceeding 250 employees
- Must have a turnover ranging from GHC90,000.00 and not exceeding GHC45million as per the definition of the SME Ghana Awards
WHO CANNOT ENTER?
- Must not be a branch of another business
- A franchisee or franchisor
- Part of a larger business that may control its finances
- Companies that have been cited in any malfeasance prior to the award
- Companies which do not meet the entry requirements stated above